We will gather like-minded conservatives who adhere to a biblical worldview and support them for political office in the Republican Party. At times we may step outside the party to find a conservative alternative to the GOP candidate if they don't support the party platform or the R.I.S.E. Principles.
AARC was started in 2005 as an attempt to recruit more African Americans to run for office in the GOP and the state party organization.
The organization accomplished much in its first year. These are only a few of our accomplishments in 2005:
- We incorporated and became a 527
- We began holding monthly meetings in April
- We ratified bylaws
- We picked interim officers
- We had a logo
- We had a temporary meeting place
- We had around 15 members but were averaging 25 people at our meetings
- We held our first fundraiser and made money! (over eighty people attended)
- We had three people running for office
- We had become an affiliate organization of the Illinois Republican Party.
The last accomplishment is no longer possible. There are no affiliate organizations of the IL GOP. However, in 2007 we dissolved the organization.
We have decided that now is the time to reorganize AARC of Illinois and help bring needed change to our state.
Meet the Team
The following individuals have agreed to serve as officers until such time as we can have proper elections to fill each office.
Dr. Eric M. Wallace
Founder & Chairman
A man of vision and focus, Dr. Eric Wallace couples his rich educational background with a unique ability to challenge the status quo. His post-graduate degrees in Biblical Studies (MA, ThM, Ph.D.), together with his passion and powerful message are inspiring exciting change.
Join the movement and help us "rebuild Illinois' future."